Quote Originally Posted by Jeni Williams View Post
:(:(:(:(:(:(:o:o:o Why aren't some of you guys in S.A??? This is precisesly what I'm trying to learn but find it difficult without seeing it first!!:o Age related thingy you know.........
A few things here. It is rare that anybody invents anything new in photography or in Photoshop. I had never heard of Quick Masks until Robert O'Toole mentioned them to me, oh, about three years ago... And at the time I was good friends with some folks who turned out to be Photoshop heavyweigths... As is usual, I was slow to listen and a slow learner. I remember Robert sitting patiently with me explaining how to use Quick Masks. With a bit of practice, I became competent. When I realized that I was using one or more (or many!) QMs on 95% of my images for a variety of tasks, I asked Robert to create a tutorial with screen captures so that folks could learn what he had taught me, and, so we could both make a few bucks. Thus APTATS was born. Big on acronyms, I came up with "Advanced Photoshop Tips and Techniques Simplified." Robert is not the world's greatest writer so I spent a good many hours honing his text, making sure that it was clear and understandable. Though it was a minor collaboration Robert was the brains behind the project.

Finally on to Jeni. APTATS is available through BIRDS AS ART. It contains five detailed tutorials on how to use Quick Masks. But the best part of it is that once you have the basics down, you will find yourself uising them for dozens and dozens of chores. There is a link on the home page and we routinely send a great variety of products to six continents. I rarely speak the words Quick Mask in a sentence without mentioning Robert O'Toole.