Thread: Roe doe portrait

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Icon1 Roe doe portrait

Attached Images Attached Images

My humble apologies for being AWOL. Sadly this last month all free time has evaporated into doing jobs at home. I think how I looked after coming down of the roof might have raised a few smiles here covered in soot and god knows what else But hey, chimney rebuilt and swept, most of the taps in our little house replaced and garage roof no longer leaking .

Finally after going a bit more crazy than normal, I do when parted from mum nature for any length of time, I got out briefly for a few hours a week back sunday. Once again my exploits were based largely around my local roe simply the nearest thing I could try and access maximizing time in the field. I had the most wonderful encounter with a mum and two fawns : must have spent nearly 1/2 an hour with them. But sadly it was trying as the veggies meant I simply couldn't get a clean line of sight not a frame fired. Eventually I elected to move and just around a yard away from my new chosen spot a careless knee broke a twig and the doe had me, game over, one bark and she and the twins were gone. If i'm honest my head went down a bit,these chances are hard won and with all my heart I felt that was it for me for another week. I tucked myself into a deer run to wait a while and consider what had just happened let alone get my head straight. It can't have been more than minutes if that before out of nowhere a doe with one kid came bounding straight at me. She came very close curious as to the shutter noise and I was blessed to get just a few frames to take home: this is one of them

The image was made at around half past five, say an hour or so before dusk sadly my cloud whispering charms were evident again. I wish i'd have framed her slighty higher just got her top of leg in ,but she was bouncing around like a good 'un, very hard to track. I'd have choosen a bit more DOF for this close an encounter a higher SS if i'm honest but the whole thing happened so fast I didn't really have time to think let alone change techs. I'd TRULY appreciate any advice here re techs I'm already at iso 6400 where should I have gone with the 1DXii The image is processed largely in dpp just selective NR and sharpening in PSCC. I have concerns in the reds or cyans colour wise WB taken off muzzle

The image is not cropped 1DXii ext 1.4 iii 400DO IS II 1/1600.f5.6 iso 6400

Many thanks for the thoughts and wisdom on my previous images

take care

stu
    Last edited by Steve Kaluski; 10-22-2019 at 03:59 AM.