Thread: Help needed with Bird PP

Hybrid View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Williams View Post
    Good morning arash
    I've managed to sell that crappy camera and have ordered a super duper one that gets all that exposures correctly
    Thanks again for your helpful feedback
    Neil
    The reply was honest and correct and the one I would have given you. One of the best Avian photgrapghers around just gave you solid advice that matched the advice of another accomplished photgrapgher why you would disparage it is beyond me. Is it salvageable for small prints and web viewing isn't really the question your goal should not be to salvage mediocre images but to make great images sing and to do that you need a great file to begin with.

The moderators on this sight give freely of their time and knowledge that others charge thousands of dollars for and I have watch numerous photographers who had an open mind and a willingness to learn greatly improve their skills listening to them can literally take years off the learning curve whether are not you chose to is up to you.
    Btw it's not the cameras job to expose the image it's just a tool that does what you tell it to do.
    Last edited by Don Lacy; 01-10-2016 at 07:08 AM.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don Lacy View Post
    The reply was honest and correct and the one I would have given you. One of the best Avian photgrapghers around just gave you solid advice that matched the advice of another accomplished photgrapgher why you would disparage it is beyond me. Is it salvageable for small prints and web viewing isn't really the question your goal should not to be to salvage mediocre images but to make great images sing and to do that you need a great file to begin with.

The moderators on this sight give freely of their time and knowledge that others charge thousands of dollars for and I have watch numerous photographers who had an open mind and a willingness to learn greatly improve their skills listening to them can literally take years off the learning curve whether are not you chose to is up to you.
    Btw it's not the cameras job to expose the image it's just a tool that does what you tell it to do.
    Don
    Arash answer had nothing to do with my request for help with my PP workflow.............it basically said the picture was crap (and I agree 100% its crap and underexposed "Thats why I posted that picture" I was looking for help on how to work on such a crappy picture to try and salvage a image, not on how to take a picture ""thread name"" Help needed with Bird PP
    Since starting this thread I have now purchased some photoshop tutorials and will use them as a resource for my workflow
    Thanks

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Williams View Post
    Don
    Arash answer had nothing to do with my request for help with my PP workflow.............it basically said the picture was crap (and I agree 100% its crap and underexposed "Thats why I posted that picture" I was looking for help on how to work on such a crappy picture to try and salvage a image, not on how to take a picture ""thread name"" Help needed with Bird PP
    Since starting this thread I have now purchased some photoshop tutorials and will use them as a resource for my workflow
    Thanks
    He gave you an honest answer as far as he was concern the image has issues that he thought were beyond repair to meet the standards he has for an image which are the standards we all should have. Your reply was uncalled for given the spirit in which the advice was given.
    I have not had a chance to work on your image since I could not get it to download properly the first time I will take a look at it tonight and see what I can do with it.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Before and after

5. Thanks Sandy Witvoet thanked for this post