Agree to take plenty of cards. I am now about where Roger is on total GB of card storage..10-32gb, 2-16 gb and 2-4gb...Some of the 32's are SD cards as the 5dIII uses them in addition to CF.

BHphoto just had a short sale on 32gb Sandisk 600x that had a huge discount off of normal price....I grabbed a bunch.....only place I ran out of card room was in Alaska with Robert Otoole. He told us to not be surprised to fill up a 32gb card in the morning and then again in the afternoon.....Even though I have filled a 32gb card in a day, never two in a day....we should have listened as everyone in the workshop was blowing through cards in both sessions.....Part of it was how Robert had us on birds.....the opportunities were simply amazing

Another tip someone gave me....I have a big number on back side of each card. I store the unused cards, number up. I use them pretty much in sequence. When filled I turn them label side up.....

And the multiple backups is an absolute imperative...I also make sure one backup is in my camera bag with me at all times ....plus the cards...the second backup, i have been putting in my luggage with no problem...