Default "GET OFF MY BACK"

Attached Images Attached Images

From the local Tern colony this AM.

400ISO f8 at 1/1600th
    Inc. Metered
    Manual fill at 1/16th power

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sharp with a perfect EXP but with wind against sun and a beach littered with shell fragments you were up against it. Getting on the ground if you could have would have helped with the shells but not with the wind against sun lighting....
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant Joe Senzatimore's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Sharp with a perfect EXP but with wind against sun and a beach littered with shell fragments you were up against it. Getting on the ground if you could have would have helped with the shells but not with the wind against sun lighting....
    Just think how easy this stuff would be if we could control the wind.:eek: I guess part of the game is making the most out of what is put in front of us.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Joe:

I think a bit more fill flash would have helped significantly as far as the lighting here. Yes, whites on the tail would be a challenge, but it would help fill in the shadowed areas created by the light angle.

I find that when the light is harsh, or the angle is way off, I am using flash more and more frequently.

Bodies angled more towards us would have helped with the lighting.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton