Thread: Not a Golden-winged!

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Not a Golden-winged!

Attached Images Attached Images

We set out to photograph Golden-winged Warbler near Monterey, VA. I was glad to get this one of a bird singing but when I got the images on the laptop I realized that something was amiss, there was no black throat.

This male Brewster's (a Golden-winged X Blue-winged Hybrid) Warbler was photographed with the Canon 800mm f/5.6L lens, the 1.4X II TC, and the EOS-1D MIII. Flash at zero with the Better Beamer. This is a second generation back cross. Blue-winged is out-competing Golden-winged for limited habitat and pure Golden-wingeds are decreasing in numbers.

As a result of mis-setting the flash (I forgot to reduce the flash after changing the flash head batteries) this image was very light out of the box but Levels and Selecitve Color adjustments worked wonders as the image was not over-exposed. I did some considerable BKGR clean-up here.

Don't be shy; all comments welcome. I am here to learn too.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.