Thread: Geoffrey Montagu

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Geoffrey Montagu

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm deeply saddened to tell all of you that Geoffrey passed away on Sunday night in his house. Details are scant, but his heart condition was apparently the cause. Several hours earlier he had been out in our local grassland hoping for the Short-eared Owls.

Geoffrey was a good friend and my frequent shooting buddy. He was a talented photographer, always striving to polish his craft. He was a freelance commercial photographer in LA for many years, and when he moved east and met some of us at the local lake some 8 or 9 years ago, he got hooked on photographing avian subjects. His sense of humor and adaptability made him a good travel companion, joining Joanne and me on destinations from Iceland to the Amazon, Florida to New Mexico, Trinidad to Botswana. He loved animals, music, movies. He had a terrific memory, scientific curiosity, and a great grasp of diverse facts and details. He was a kind, gentle soul, and made friends easily wherever he went, as you can see in this photo from Tampa Bay.

He will be sorely missed.

Last edited by arash_hazeghi; 01-21-2021 at 11:41 PM.

2. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post