Thread: Fallow deer(Dama dama) taking off

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Fallow deer(Dama dama) taking off

Attached Images Attached Images

Hy everybody Merry Christmas! Managed to stalk a fallow deer quite close before it became aware of my presence. Tried to ETTR, so techs were 1/1000, f 5.6 and +1 EC at ISO 3200. First mistake was the SS, should have gone higher than 1/1000, dont know why I didnt do that, there was time enough. He wasn't paralel to me, he jumped into the brush at a slight angle. Second, given the clipped patches of grass, maybe I should have compensated the exposure less than +1, maybe 2/3 or even 1/3? Any advice on how should I have exposed is welcome:)

In DPP I lowered the exposure by-0.17, raised the shadows by 2 and lowered the highlights by 5. I set the WB to daylight, then in the color adjustment tab I raised the saturation from 100 to 120.

Transfered it to CS 6 where I used the levels adjustment, I alt clicked on the black triangle, moved it to the right from 0 to 10. Curves wise I tried, but nothing came out of it so I let it go. I selected the subject, applied a layer mask and increased the saturation by 5. I cropped to 1920 width, then sharpened the subject with SS using 75% amount, 70% fade amount for shadows and 80% for highlights. Slightly cropped from bottom and LHS, but I cant tell the percentage.