Thread: Out for another branch...

Threaded View

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Out for another branch...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R6 RF 100-500 @500 f7.1 1/3200 ISO 640 HH, Manual mode EXP, acquired and tracked in AED, Cropped from bottom because I almost clipped that wing

Yes, flying slightly away. This was second frame in about 7 frame sequence with one that fell off (probably my lack of panning skills even on slow birds) but jumped right back on without backing off , or letting go of button. It had the eye in half the frames and the head or neck for the other half. Set for smooth EVF and experienced no discernable blackout. I believe this was first curtain mechanical mode. Haven't tried electronic shutter yet. Whole morning the AF was set for Case 2 with -1 on tracking sensitivity. Seemed to hold on the bird even with slightly challenging BG. So many settings , need to play a lot more. Since it was mostly cloudy and had new toy, stayed for 5 hours and tested higher ISOs. This was the only time the sun peeked through the whole morning. Good thing had battery grip. It just lasted through the entire 5 hour session. That would normally be two trips for me on average.