Thread: Red deer bellowing

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red deer bellowing

Attached Images Attached Images

Hy this is the picture of a wild deer somewhere in the Fagaras mountains during the rutting season last year. Techs were f6.3 1/800 +1/3 EC ISO 1600, manual mode. In DPP I raised the exposure by 0.33 (tried +o.7 but changed my mind), adjusted the shadows +2, increased color saturation +1. In the color adjustments panel I increased the saturation from 100 to 115, set luminance NR to 3 (couldnt see any difference between 3 and 4) chrominance NR to 6 and ticked the reduce color moire box at the preset value of 2.
    In CS 6 I used levels, I alt-clicked on the black triangle and moved it to the right from 0 to 10. I increased the saturation by 6 and then following Steve's advice I cropped the PSD master file to 1600widthX1280 height, selected the stag with the QST (a lot of choice words were used at the antlers:) and sharpened it with USM at 120/0.3/0. The I flatened the layers, converted to profile and saved for web and got a low quality jpeg. I tried to use curves, but just couldnt get the hang of it. I also saved a version with SS at 70% but I coulndt see any differnce between the 2 in DPP at 100%. The posted jpeg is the version sharpened with the USM. Its cropped, but I couldnt say the proportion of the crop, maybe 25% from the original size.