Thread: My friend, cropped close... Just a test for RF glass...

Threaded View

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default My friend, cropped close... Just a test for RF glass...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R RF 70-200 @200 f2.8 1/3200 ISO 320 HH, Manual EXP, ~25% of FF

I have been noticing how crops with this glass hold up much better than with my very old EF glass
    (2 to 4 generations(for this particular range zoom) back including TCs). So, just to play, looked through my few frames of this beauty with a pose that put head in the brighter parts only of the steep grass bank BG. Also wanted one that was wide open to really show the resolving power without stopping down. Please forgive any of my dismal PP skills. I did minimal PP with no masking/selection (even when sharpening) and made a concerted effort not to over sharpen. The closer flange distance (from optics to sensor) allowed Canon to improve further on the EF version 3 of this glass due to less elements (less bending and distortion of light). With newer bodies and finally some super telephoto glass coming in this year and next even serious Canon nature photographers (speaking of you talented pros) will be able to join the currently Sony only FF mirrorless fun. In addition to being wide open, I was close giving a very narrow DOF.

As always, thank you for your valued inputs on previous posts. Please keep them coming.