Thread: Yard monster...

Threaded View

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Yard monster...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R RF 70-200 @200 f2.8 1/500 ISO 200 Cropped from vertical on RHS. Manual EXP

Occasionally, when sitting at the computer developing images I hear a loud thud from the front window. First time it really jarred me, thinking what is hitting the window that hard. On inspection, the first time, it was found to be this exotic yard lizard from points south (cuban anole). They get as big as the also exotic iguanas in our area but are much more colorful. It turns out, this colorful monster was climbing to the top of a dead palm stump in front of the window, seeing itself, and jumping to the attack.
    Just got a new toy in this first RF telephoto and was testing AF at MFD as it had initial problems fixed with firmware which was already updated in my copy. I was at 200mm, wide open and just about at MFD with focus point right on that eye. This fella is so brightly colored, I had to desat yellow and green quite a bit to get details on the face. Obviously, DOF very narrow at MFD (70cm) and wide open. Not a lion, tiger or bear. Just our lovable yard monster.

Comments, critiques and discussions always valued and learned from.