Thread: Heavy working mum

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Heavy working mum

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks keep going with some older stuff ...

Again from my KTP trip with Gabriela and Andre in 2014 ..... so shooting was different in terms of thinking about the techs .

Conditions were tough .... brutally hot and light was quite harsh . The lady killed the springbok in the heat of the day , not witnessed by me , right next to the track and left it there hidden under some bushes . I came across the scene by luck , resting in the heat of the day without any shade in my car .... waiting just 5 meters from the springbok that this lady would come and start to feed . Looooong waiting ..... she came and what was she doing ???
    Started dragging the carcass across the dry river bed ..... followed by her two cubs to get the carcass under a big camelthorne tree into the shade , far out of my photographic reach . Even in relatively close range ... heat haze was already an issue as you might understand .
    Had to crop it this way as it was shot in portrait , too much dead space on top and bottom . In many images the cubs were blocking my view by running from left to right .... covering parts of mum or the springbok . So only a few usable images as a result of that dragging ... which took quite long .

Canon EOS 1Dx
    EF 200 - 400 IS L at 400 mm
    Beanbag

F 7,1 ; Iso 400 ; 1/1600 sec ; man exp

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2020 ; cropped for comp from bottom and top

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas