Thread: Albatross

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Albatross

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... again a bird from Helgoland .
    And this is soooo special ... what I had been told back in 2015 . I am no birder at all .... so have no real knowledge , normally there is a fair amount of visitors on the island due to various reasons .
    But for seeing this single Albatros ... a lot of birders came to visit the island . I just more or less bumped into the bird ...... as I was going from the dune ( for the seals) to the cliffs ( for the birds ) back and forth . The dune is another little small island just a few hundred meters of Helgoland .
    Coming back for the evening shooting to the cliffs ..... I was wondering about the mass of people at the cliffs , lost of binocs and lost of lenses to see . Just asked some folks there .... they were looking at me and asking why I do not know ???!!!
    Most were here because of this single Albatros .... so I witnessed this sensation !!!!
    It was even on the local news and a film crew came as well ......

Sadly I have forgotten which species it is .... you folks might help yourself .

Canon EOS 1Dx
    EF 500 IS L
    Tripod

F 6,3 ; Iso 1600 ; 1/2500 sec ; man exp

Processed with Capture One 20 and PSCC 2020 ; with hindsight i would have been better of by moving a bit back to get more room at the foot of the image for the virtual feet . But due to the loads of people it was difficult to get a spot for shooting this rarity .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas