Thread: Leveret

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Icon1 Leveret

Attached Images Attached Images

There is a deliberte choice in framing ,not so much for the image shown which is what it is,but for the what might have been. I probably had the most strange lunch ever sat under the tailgate of our camper parked in a field where hares live. Had to drop my grub for a fella that appeared from the wood and then decided to come and investigate us. While sipping on my tea this tiny fella appeared, on the brow of the hill ..... and gave us a rare glimpse into the world of baby hare madness...............

slowly I put on pad,s thorn proof stuff ( TOO HOT) . Naturally the light crashed ............. Fella was charging about like a mad thing ears all ways. People need to see a baby hare learning to run ,it's some sight !!. Getting to him was easy: then waiting for what seemed like an age for him to appear from a tiny rut. That tiny rut had all but an ear hidden Suddenly he was really aware of me and in seconds was on me. Baby hares are so hypo ,it is unreal in seconds gone.... not scared just disappeared and then back again so close from within a grass run I felt I could touch the little rascal. A real missed chance I'll rarely see again that grass run image

In some images I can see the break in the front which was 1/2 hour away in fella's eye. I so wish I had more dof withing this set well just a tad more light bit more SS good bit more DOF.

Made around 6.30PM under dark heavy cloud 560mm no crop 1DXii 400DO IS II DPP then PS in post.

1/1600 f 5.6 iso 6400

Aren't they the most gorgeous thing nature created ha those ears!!

thanks so much for the thoughts on my previous endevours

take care

stu