Thread: Mr Pickles Capreolous capreolus UK

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Icon1 Mr Pickles Capreolous capreolus UK

Attached Images Attached Images

We have started to give our local roe bucks names ,I take no credit for those names Hopefully I'll eventually build a picture of who lives where. i'm starting to see patterns of behaviour but simply can't put the hours in to really work it all out. Suffice to say I am pretty sure I know this guy, I also found an old friend last night we call" the dude",at some stage you will see him. I haven't seen him at his spot for a while now maybe a month. The fawns being born has thrown things about for sure.But then these guys are strange it's also their rut. Mr Pickles is probably around the 4 year old mark if source is correct ,which is likely !

Ok so basically this image is the result of covering huge swathes of ground in say 4foot of veggies looking for a deer around 30inchs high,I might add veggies are nice and dry and crackly. Oh and really, I'm not looking for boys but fawns,which might make things harder, But for the fact that bang mid summer july/ august is our Roe's rut at it's peak so any sighting is basically some thing of a celebration and also maybe well yield something interesting

Sightings are nice but an image................ I watched Mr erm cough, deer cross a bank. Then, slowly but surely make his way to me,being in full rut testosterone fueled mode, trashing various saplings.on route. Even when he was yards from me with the whole thing taking maybe 1/4 1/2 hour only 3 tiny windows evolved where I could focus or even see the face clearly. he was so close at one point he was probably inside min focus. What you're looking at is either a 4x4 rut from about 6 weeks back or a trail used by the deer and me or more than likely all 3 put together. It's that simple facet that gave a clean ,well nearly line of sight to his face later I tracked what I thought was one buck this same buck,but it turned into 3 from the images now binned. How something so vivid orange red can melt into these grasses is a thing of wonder. You think they have no cover but they vanish and pop up ten yards away.

The image is made standing HH and not cropped 1/2500 f6.3 iso 3200 @ 560mm Canon 1dxii 1.4 ext iii 400DO is ii processd in dpp WB colour temp 46K then sharps and NR in PSCC. It's taken around 5.30pm last night bright sunny day with heavy clouds. This is most likely one of those clouds but still bright.

cheers for the thoughts on my previous images huge help thought provoking many thanks

stu