Hi all,

I'm due a computer upgrade, and would like something that ideally will last me a good few years. However, its the monitor side of things thats got me going round in circles.

Currently I have a 2 screen setup. Both 24 inch 1920 screens. The main one is calibrated and when editing I always have the shot full size on my main screen and photoshop panels on the 2nd screen

I need to at least try and future proof a new monitor a little, so am considering a 4k screen but there is that much conflicting advice on the web its difficult to know where to start. I keep hearing about scaling issues for text, but I'm thinking if I had the new 4k screen as my main editing screen, then an older 1920 screen as the 2nd screen for the panels, wouldn't the text on the 1920px screen still stay at the site I currently have it?

I'm not sure I can afford a 32 inch 4k screen, so if I'm going to have problems with this proposed setup the only other viable option may be an iMac 27" 5k, which seems to divide opinion on its quality for editing purposes.

3rd option would be a 27" 2560 screen

I'll probably stick with a mac as I like the simplicity. Never used a windows 10 machine but could be tempted if I don't keep having to faff around with doing updates

Cheers in advance, hope this makes sense to those of you who know what you're talking about!

Mike