Thread: Depressive Elephant youngster

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Depressive Elephant youngster

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks had a sad sighting in Botswana last year with this young elephant , as you can see he has lost a large part of its trunk . For whatever reason .
    He was part of a large herd and came with his mother ....and the others . Followed them to the water but did nothing , just standing there close to the mother . Head down ... doing nothing but standing . all others had a drink or the other youngsters were busy playing .... he was just standing still , not moving away from his mother .
    After a while the herd moved out of the river ... he followed , they just waited on the river bank and some started dusting or the kids ran around . He again just stayed there ... head down . After a short while his mum went back to the river ... he stayed there , some other elephant came to him and tried to make him move or play . He simply ignored it ....head down . Then came this other subadult elephant and stood next to him for a short while .... nothing changed , they just stood there and seem to talk to each other .
    When they all finished their business ... the herd left the scene .... the depressive elephant just walked behind his mother .....
    I felt very sorry for this guy .... with my human mind .

Canon EOS 1DxII
    EF 500 IS L
    HH from ground

F 6,3 ; Iso 6400 ; 1/2500 ; man exp and Auto Iso

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2019 ; cropped for comp due to cut of ear and partly one leg of the larger elephant . Film profile ( Fuji Velvia 50 modified in some colors )

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous image .

TFS Andreas