Thread: Mr & Mrs Marmot

Threaded View

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Mr & Mrs Marmot

Attached Images Attached Images

Just back from 16 days hiking, walking and a bit of climbing in Switzerland, one part I know very well, the Juagfrau region, but I have never been to Zermatt and the mighty Matterhorn.

This was taken in the Zermatt region whilst on a hike, packing light (mainly wet weather gear) as weather can change very quickly (although the backpack still weighed in at between 15-20kgs) so no chance for any long lenses and so patience and a lot of crawling was required, as one or two of you have seen some images of this!!! . These subjects are not habituated to humans and were incredibly skittish, unlike the ones I think Andreas photographed in Austria and so it was over an hour just to achieve this image, especially with only having the 100-400.

A nice trip as it provided some different photography which I think is healthy, just photographing in one region/aspect, I think, can bring some 'staleness' and so variety improves both your thinking, but also having a change of subject matter makes the old brain think.

Steve

Subject: Alpine Marmots (Marmota marmota) in the sun
    Camera: Canon 1DX MKII
    Lens: 100-400f/5.6 MKII HH
    Exposure: 1/2500s at f/6.3 ISO1250 +0.67EV
    Original format: Landscape, almost FF, very slight crop
    Processed via: LRCC Classic & PSCC2018