Thread: Psychological Warfare

Threaded View

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Psychological Warfare

Attached Images Attached Images

Dear Friends,

I chose to share this image tonight because I wanted to participate in this month's Theme. It was taken many years ago and with old gear, so not sure it lives up to your expectations

The title pertains to this male lion and his attitude. I have spent a great deal of time with him over the years and always got the feeling he enjoyed terrorising the poor antelopes. At this particular sighting - even though his belly was full from the previous night's kill - he kept turning around and raising one front paw as if he was about to give chase. The wildebeests then panicked and burst in all directions, only to gather again and follow at some distance to observe his intentions. On a number of occasions I saw him chase springbok but half-heartedly so, this happened in the middle of the day so no chance he would manage to grab one... I just think it gave him some satisfaction

Hope you enjoy the scene despite the quality of the image. Processed in LR and PSCC and cropped about 40% of the frame (mostly on the LHS and bottom).

Nikon D3S
    Nikon 300 F2.8
    ISO 1000
    F5.6
    1/2000s

Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week! Thank you so much for viewing and I hope you find the time to give me your thoughts, be it of a technical nature or otherwise

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea