Thread: Violet Saberwing

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Violet Saberwing

Attached Images Attached Images

Another one from my great trip to Costa Rica with Doug Brown, Greg Basco and Glenn Conlan.
    Although I have really never done any set-up photography, and I primarily concentrate on wild action and flight, it was pretty fun and interesting to do some of the set up shots.
    We spent a few days shooting hummingbirds utilizing Doug and Greg's multi flash setups. They did a great job getting us set-up and it was lots of fun watching and waiting for different species to come into your flower and trying to capture some cool frames with dynamic poses.
    This was my favorite hummingbird frame of my trip. I really like the Funky pose and the nice colors and details. He did this defensive pose as another Hummer came in from behind him. These hummers are viciously territorial of the feeders and most of the time one of them would be the king and chase every other bird off. This was him!!
    I just realized that we don't see to many humming bird flight frames posted here so I hope you like it.

1DXII---300mm---f11---ss1/200th---ISO400---Setup on tripod with shutter release---Multi Flash---20% crop

Thanks as always for looking and for your input. I appreciate it

David
    Last edited by David Salem; 03-07-2018 at 01:32 AM.
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com