Thread: Yawning for attention

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Yawning for attention

Attached Images Attached Images

My first post for over 2½ months, my apologies, have been quite busy editing large numbers of images for work projects.

Here a very relaxed sub adult female cheetah approaches my vehicle, lies down to stretch and yawn under an early evening sky on the open plains of Namiri/Serengeti.
    Her mother was also just feet away. Such a treat! (captured with monopod/custom bracket/rigged @ ground level + Camranger remote)

This recent month long Ruaha/Namiri TZ trip has been one not easily forgotten.
    With lost bags, escaping a fatal plane crash by 24hrs, smashed D5 & 400 f/2.8 long lens combo, 4 ........yes 4 amazing Caracal sightings, a zebra birth, great close encounters with a cheetah mum and sub-adult to a magical last day sighting of a lioness walking & carrying her 3 x four week old cubs
    over 4 km from their birthplace in the marsh to their new Kopje home to join the rest of her 10 other siblings.

Can't wait to return here again for the Gnu calving in 8 weeks time.

Nikon D810
    Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 G2 (love this new VC equipped lens, every bit as good as the twice as expensive Nikkor VR version plus it's 41mm shorter!)
    f/6.3
    1/400s
    ISO1250@ 68mm.

Cheers
    Marc
    Last edited by Marc Mol; 01-14-2018 at 05:55 AM.