Thread: hunting "spar" (female) sparrow hawk UK Acipter nisus

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Icon1 hunting "spar" (female) sparrow hawk UK Acipter nisus

Attached Images Attached Images

A complete grab shot with just a split second warning before she was on me,I just had a glimpse of an underwing through a tiny gap in the hedge to warn of her immenant arrival. My attempt at making this image must have been hilarious to watch ,i'm in pretty slushy wet snow and very nearly ended up in a somewhat undignified positon,but hey they are fast what can I say

Processed in Canon dpp 4.7 PSCC should follow in days now which is exciting after the long ol wait. (New pc for chrimbo) Canon 1Div 400DO IS II 1.4extiii 1/5000 f7.1 iso 1000 Cropped to around 75% of original frame due to my poor framing a real shame but as mentioned she was in full tilt hunting mode,Maybe the iq isn't quite what it could be??
    It has to be said I think the incredible handling of the DO got me this attempt I#ve noy just got her and have moved from a 300f2'8is which is a stunning tool,but I just don't think I could have moved those few extra grammes fast enough to get on to her. Only one frame ,the first got her almost clear of the hedge I fired more but nothing of use. these chances with this bird are hard one,I'm beyond thrilled to have got anything all faults belong to me but nice to have something Centerpoint and surround used on BBF bird a bit high and forward in frame so focus has plausibly caught the nearest wing

Huge thanks for all the time so freely given to help us newer members along !! Special cheers to Tim for manning ETL and his patience with folks like moi !1 Have the best break and the most fantastic new year folks

take care

Stu