Thread: Up Close and Personal (C)

Threaded View

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Up Close and Personal (C)

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello Friends,

It so happens that I have had some amazing encounters with wildlife lately which I enjoyed tremendously, but not many photographic opportunities. Two weeks ago I was chased by a big ellie before I even managed to get my gear out of the window... The following day I observed a couple of lions catching a warthog in the local game reserve, but the vegetation was so dense that I decided to put my camera down, I just could not get a clear view. The other day I witnessed the release of three lionesses into a private reserve - my companion and I kept some distance in order not to stress the animals who were just waking up from anaesthesia so no photographs taken, but what a delightful afternoon it was! We managed to identify a number of birds and insects and just paid attention to this wonderful environment we care so much about

So all I have for you tonight is a plain cheetah portrait taken months ago in a large enclosure that belongs to a rehabilitation centre nearby. This old girl is a proud mother of two youngsters soon to be released in the wild. Not that tame really and I would not dare pet her, but she seems to tolerate my presence quite well. I guess all is good as long as I do not interfere with her cubs

Techs:

Nikon D5
    Nikon 70-200 F2.8 @ 145mm
    ISO 2500
    F10
    1/1000s

I promise to try and look for more exciting images in my folders. My humble apologies for being a little scarce lately, this time of the year is rather demanding and a little stressful for me but I love this Forum and will participate as much as I possibly can. Thank you so much for taking the time to view, I so appreciate it. Hope you all have a great rest of the week

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea