Thread: Help with 4k Monitor

Hybrid View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

" If maybe the 1200 x 800 photos are just too small when viewed on a 32" monitor or what?"

I think that is exactly the case Isaac. When I first got my 5K monitor I had the same perceived problems. Im pretty sure it is just that the web based smaller files aren't detailed enough to fill the 4k screen and they look crappy.

Same thing with files that aren't totally sharp. They look much worse on a large 4k monitor. It was disappointing at first but in the end it made me more critical and culled many more moderately sharp images that I might have kept with a smaller less detailed monitor.

Same thing happened to my friend when he first got his 5k monitor. He called me right away and couldn't believe how crappy a lot of his images looked. I laughed and mentioned my same findings. But I will tell you when you have an image that is razor sharp on your monitor, you know it as sharp as can be!!

Enjoy your new monitor. I looked up the specs. Looks really nice.

David
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yeah this is a real problem for me. Not sure how to deal with it David. Don't even know how to comment on pictures when I am not sure exactly what I am seeing. The other thing is that on this monitor every one of my photos appears over sharpened. I mean 100% of them. The few new photos I have processed have all had a major reduction in my sharpening and look great now on this thing. But I guess they may look bad on a monitor with less resolution. So how do you comment on things, etc. when the image quality is just off? Also how do you determine that your photo looks good to post at that size if it is not looking correct on your screen? I take it you have an imac?