Thread: Noel -Like Seminole -New Member introductions

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Noel -Like Seminole -New Member introductions

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello, my name is Noel (I pronounce it Nole like Seminole). I live in Tampa, FL and have loved nature my entire life. I’ve wanted to get into nature photography since I was a kid, but I just hadn’t made it a top priority until now. Luckily, I received a beautiful Canon Rebel T6 and the accompanying EF 75-300 kit lens at the beginning of the year and off to the races I went!

On a recent trip to my beloved Ft. Desoto, I met the great Artie Morris and a few of his students. They were gracious enough to give me a few important pointers which I think led to instant results. One of the suggestions was to join this community and here I am.

Here are a few of the topics I’m currently working on:
    1) Exposure (specifically, making test shots and checking the histograms-sometimes working in AV and sometimes manual mode – a lot of my shots require adjustments to exposure due to user error)
    2) Keeping my subject in a direct line with the Sun (I have some repeatable photographs I think are decent but not the right Sun angle)
    3) Nice clean backgrounds
    4) Sharpness (I’ve been trying hard to get sharp photos, but not there yet)
    5) Post processing (I just got Lightroom about a month ago)

I look forward to learning from your comments and participating on the site. This looks like an amazing resource. I’m thankful to have the opportunity to learn from you all, and share what I’ve learned in the process.

Sincerely,
    Noel

PS: This Yellow Rat Snake was photographed Saturday at Circle B Bar Reserve right on the bird blind boardwalk. It was a beautiful opportunity to photograph a beautiful snake, but he didn't really want to cooperate with the Sun angle or head angle shots. I will get better versions of those shots.

ISO 100
    ƒ/7.1
    1/500 sec
    handheld at 205mm