Name:  IMG_2185-BPN.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  350.9 KB

Hi all, a whole bird shot from me for my second post here. The lighting was not ideal for this shot, being full sun. Fortunately, the tonal range isn't too extreme (the males of this species are much worse). This shot also was close to blowing the red channel but a little better than my recent rainbow lorikeet shot in that area. All comments appreciated. My view is that this shot may be a little boring: a bird on a stick with nothing in the background although I do like the intense stare as she is keenly scanning the ground for her next snack.
Details as follows: Canon 80D with EF 100-400 (MkI) at 400mm handheld. Aperture priority exposure 1/400 sec, f8, ISO 1600. Processed in Canon DPP 4 (digital lens optimiser, crop, lighting adjustments, default NR) then exported 16 bit TIFF to Photoshop Elements with Neat Image NR plugin. Very light NR applied to bird and stronger NR to background. Lighten shadows on bird's eye. Some distracting blurs on the left of the frame cloned out. Sharpened after size reduction (bird only).