Hello all - I'm a 'new' member: I joined ages ago but only recently revisited this site and decided to join with posting rights. So I hope I'm posting in the right place and at the right level. All comments on the image below appreciated. These birds are spectacular in colour and arguably one of our most colourful parrots. My intention was to try and show off this colour and how it is 'rendered' in the feather detail. They are commonplace, boisterous and quite aggressive to other birds. As for my own views on the shot, the background on the left is a little busy for more liking but these birds typically spend most of their day in the foliage among flowers etc so getting a clean background can be difficult. The shot is teetering on blowing the red channel. I've pulled the white point out to bring in more highlights and darkened highlights in DPP to try and control this.

Name:  IMG_7616-v2-BPN.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  396.3 KB

Details as follows: Canon 80D with EF 100-400 MkII at 400mm handheld. Manual exposure 1/640 sec, f6.3, ISO 1000. Processed in Canon DPP 4 (digital lens optimiser, crop, lighting adjustments, default NR) then exported 16 bit TIFF to Photoshop Elements with Neat Image NR plugin. Very light NR applied to bird and stronger NR to background. Shadows lightened (bird only). Small piece of leaf that was just over the top of the bird's head has been cloned out. Sharpened (Sharpness tool) after final size reduction.