Thread: American Oystercatcher

Threaded View

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default American Oystercatcher

Attached Images Attached Images

Recently there have been some nice images of Oystercatchers posted so I thought I would chime in with one of mine. I captured this image at Ft. Desoto following the bird as it roamed along the surf line. There is a little history that goes with this bird. I had posted another image of this bird a while back. Gail Bisson, a member and frequent poster on BPN commented on the image. She wrote that in the winter of 2013 she was at Ft. Desoto and noticed a Oystercatcher badly tangled in fishing line. Finding a park ranger she made them aware of the plight of the bird. The staff at Ft. Desoto captured the bird and removed the fishing line. I photographed this bird in August of 2016, the scar from the fishing line is easily seen on the leg. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm
    1/1250 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV -1/3 ISO 280 AWB, camera supported by a monopod
    Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Last edited by Joseph Przybyla; 07-02-2017 at 11:01 AM.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com