Thread: Bull Frog with Fly redux

Hybrid View

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

If you are ONLY doing web images then your camera I feel is over speced for use, I would have gone for a 5D, or even a 7D MK2. In addition, if you only use images for web then why not shoot JPEG sRGB, saves on PP as you hardly need to process them, cuts down file size and storage space on both card & External storage devices, but try and go beyond that for print and this would be less than ideal.

To get the best of both capture & processing you need to change both to Adobe RGB, but also correctly set the camera body up correctly too. I think you will find that this is why all images to date have lacked the 'true' data you should have had with RGB RAW and files are not 100%.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Steve, I also have the 7D mk ii. I'm not saying I will never print my photos, I just haven't done so to date. I've been told that unless I am printing my photos myself or I have a printing company specifically request RGB, I should only shoot in sRGB. So many great photographers with different opinions! It can get confusing and daunting! The subjects I attempt to capture are generally birds, especially birds in flight. The 1DX II can shoot 12-14 fps which is why Tin Man Lee told me to get it. My motive is to someday use my photos (obviously when I'm good enough) to illustrate the beauty of our planet and the necessity to protect it. I don't enter contests or choose to sell. I just want to show beauty and emotion. And, of course, there's nothing I would rather do than be out in nature with my camera.