Thread: Bachman's Sparrow

Threaded View

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bachman's Sparrow

Attached Images Attached Images

Wednesday morning Dottie and I went to Three Lakes Wildlife Management Area in Kenansville, Florida. I knew of it but had never been there before. The Prairie Lakes Unit is mostly dry prairies with wiregrass, Palmettos, and short shrubs, a few Pine trees are scattered about. We were hoping to see Red-cockaded Woodpeckers, Bachman's Sparrows, and Grassland Sparrows. We did see many sparrows but only fleeting glimpses as they flew and dove into Palmettos disappearing from view. This sparrow as shown was perched on one of the nesting boxes that placed in numerous locations. I wish the bird had chosen a different perch, not to be. I do think the weathering and lichens add to the image. I am only recently getting into photographing sparrows and identifying them, if my identification is incorrect please tell me. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm
    1/1000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1 1/3 ISO 720, image captured from inside the vehicle through the open window
    Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017
    Cropped slightly for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com