Hy, I'm planing to upgrade my camera, and I can't decide between the Canon 5 d mk IV or the 1 Dx. Early in June I tried a 5 d in Wien, took about 100 pictures, sadly I forgot to choose Raw and shot jpeg, but I really liked the results and the feel of the camera in my hands. Off course the subjects were people, some at close range, not skitish roe deers or rabbits. Now the 5 D I could buy brand new, there is a good offer in my country, but the 1 dx only used, a new one is out of my price range. I managed to find some on Amazon and E-bay, the german version. Has anyone bought from these sites? I cant buy from BH because of the shipping costs, VAT and import fees, which would raise the price a lot. I'm not an avid birder, I would like to focus on larger mamals, static and action shots. Off course, if the opportunity of a BIF appears, I would gladly give it a go, but it wouldn't be my main objective. Can anybody tell me how well does the 5 d mk IV/1-4 mk II plus 1.4 TC III perform as far as focus speed and accuracy? Does one have to stop down from f8 to maybe f9 for better DOF and sharpness?
I've read both of Arash's reviews about these cameras and the post "Canon 7D II vs 5D mk IV" on this forum and right now, without a rational explanation, I tend to favor the 5 D, of course my apprehension of buying a used camera has a part to play in it. Any sugestions are happily welcomed.