Thread: For Steve Levert portrait Brown Hare Lepus europeas UK

Hybrid View

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Stu you are coming on in lepus and bounds!! The image is instantly eye catching the all important eye is pin sharp. I really like the colours of the leveret.
    I may be tempted to add just a tiny bit more sharpening around the nose, it is not quite so pin sharp there due to DOF but that is to be expected. The greens in the background look a little heavy but I appreciate that is probably how they were but if you were so inclined you can selectively lighten them in DPP. The shot looks pretty clean for ISO 5000.
    Great shot - love it!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Stu you are coming on in lepus and bounds!! The image is instantly eye catching the all important eye is pin sharp. I really like the colours of the leveret.
    I may be tempted to add just a tiny bit more sharpening around the nose, it is not quite so pin sharp there due to DOF but that is to be expected. The greens in the background look a little heavy but I appreciate that is probably how they were but if you were so inclined you can selectively lighten them in DPP. The shot looks pretty clean for ISO 5000.
    Great shot - love it!!
    Lepus and bounds love it

Mate apologies for not getting back as I'd have liked,wont dwell you know why ,but I really feel you helped me so much John with those edits I'm so grateful. Those hairs on the muzzle are so soft and fine John i'm constantly worrying on them while evaluating sharpness. Point noted for later on though I wanted more DOF,but really felt I had nowhere to go, not really wanting to drop the SS anymore. I'm slowly notching the iso upwards getting ever happier with what I can accomplish at 5000 now,but still unsure at 6400. I have added a bit of NR in DPP not much. I'll look at the bkg,John but yes it's the oilseed rape again deep shade it is dark and heavy but I quite liked how she stood out against it.
    I'm happier with the colour this time too Jon ,but they are difficult to portray at times. The colour varies so much with light and individuals,it's been really brought home to me of late to try harder to pay attention to colour,they just aren't as straight forwards as I previously thought.

Jon thanks again,I feel your help got me back on track a bit plus it's been so cool to just get at it head down and graft. i'm dumbstruck with what we have seen and amassed Jon. Still no boxing but we nearly got gifted that too a few days back it would almost be unfair now to get those too.

cheers

stu