Name:  Lower Rosseau Falls_6108.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  324.7 KB

After opening up the cottage for the season on Tuesday I headed to Lower Rosseau Falls to play around with my new extreme wide angle lens - the Laowa 12mm f2.8 Zero D lens. So far I would have to say I love the lens...excellent sharpness and all metal construction. It is a fully manual lens, but I usually work completely manual when doing landscape work anyway. The lens has a wonderful hyperfocal scale engraved on the lens barrel that is used for focusing the lens...simply compose the scene, set the hyperfocal distance and click. I will be revisiting this location in another couple of weeks and hopefully with a specially designed filter holder that I have on order, which will allow the use of polarizing filters and grad filters too. I would have preferred to be standing a little more to my right for this scene but as you can see I would have been swept away if I did. I am hoping the flow subsides a bit upon my next visit so that I can stand further to my right. As darkness was setting in quickly I upped the ISO to 400.

Nikon D800
Laowa 12mm f2.8 Zero D (the Zero D stands for zero distortion)
ISO 400
f11 @ 2.5 seconds
No Filters

Looking forward to comments and suggestions.