I had to post this here just because it is a pic that I would not have been able to get without my new body and the advice I have gotten here. I am still getting used to my 5D4 and still am not reacting to the situation as fast as I might as I am still in the mode of my previous body (a 70D). I am a birder first, so I tend to travel light. I just do not have the patience to set up a tripod and wait for what might come around. I much prefer to go seeking birds and get what photos I can. This style of photography puts me in the category of hand held photos. I got this pic today really as an afterthought. I had gone to a local pond I am quite familiar with to see the Heron rookery and see what might be happening. I was surprised to see 7 herons here (last year there was only one productive nest). This might bode well for the herons this year as now there are 2.5 nests with at least one extra heron. So who knows. Today I was just ready to leave, when this young eagle swooped down on a goose (which I missed as the eagle came out of nowhere) then circled around and tried for a merganser who dove under the water. The eagle then circled around and made a pass at the heron rookery and this is the best pic of that encounter. I don't think the eagle really thought it would get supper, but just wanted to harass the herons. Who knows? I was so intent on capturing the action that I forgot to bump up the shutter speed which might have helped some. The rookery is pretty far from the road, so challenging to photograph for me. Canon 5D4, 100-400 IS 2 with 1.4 Teleconveter, 1/500, f8, ISO 640

Name:  i-5vhP8gb-XL.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  383.7 KB