In February this year I visited the Palo Duro Canyon State Park in the Texas Panhandle, about 30 miles south of Amarillo. Behind the trading post, local birders and park employees have constructed a blind with suet and seed feeders and a water fountain. In desert-like country, a water source will, of course, attract birds. The place is abuzz with small birds in an easy-to-photograph setting. The birds last each morning until about 11:00 when the wild turkeys arrive.

Name:  20140415-dark-robin-4041.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  394.4 KB

Canon 5D IV, 600mm f/4 II, 1.4X TC III for 840mm. Tripod mounted. Evaluative metering, AI Servo, AF single/four point surround. In LR I changed exposure by sliding the black slider to darker. Darkened the light area behind the bird's bum. In PS, I used NIK dFin for NR on the background. Sharpened the bird with unsharp mask, selectively sharpened the upper wing and head, and further sharpened around the eye. That brings up some concerns. Do you think there is some over sharpening? What about the lighter area in the lower left?

I'm glad to be back and am eager for your C&C.