Thread: DPP 4 Slow Opening File or Making Changes

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default DPP 4 Slow Opening File or Making Changes

Attached Images Attached Images

Good Morning Everyone,

I purchased "The Photographer's Guide to Canon Digital Photo Professional 4.4" by Arash and Arthur.

I had been using LR 6 for all of my photography work, but decided to try the workflow of these two well known professionals. I am surprised how slowly the program opens files and makes changes. As per the guide, I have DPP preset to Luminance/Chrominance Noise and Sharpness to what they recommended for my 7DII. So I understand that the raw file will have these changes made when I first open the file.

BUT, it literally takes 5-6 seconds from the time I double click on the file to the time that it shows the file in focus. This even happens to previously opened/saved raw files. I am unable to select the option to use my computer's graphic processor.

LR 6 CC, Photoshop CC and Final Cut Pro X all work very fast on my machine. I can even edit FCP X 4K video without problems.

Any ideas on how I can speed up DPP 4? I am including a screen shot of my iMac's configuration. The internal hard drive is a 500GB SSD.

Thanks!
    Marlo