I started doing bird photography a couple of years ago when my wife suggested I get a camera and take pictures of the birds around our house. My interest has grown since then and I'm really enjoying taking pictures while traveling not just at home. I was recently down in southern Virginia and was out on the Tobacco Heritage Trail in the morning with my wife and a local guide. This Prairie Warbler spent a several minutes with us while we hung out in the parking lot. He definitely made the morning. I was trying to use my flash as it was early but I wasn't controlling it well and the shots with it looked fake and/or over saturated. This one doesn't use the flash and looked better. I'm not sure what happened with his tail. There's no detail but I don't think it's blown out (no blinkies).

Anyway happy to hang out with other bird photographers. I have a lot to learn and am looking forward to getting better with your help!

Name:  PrairieWarbler.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  316.6 KB

7D, EF 500 mm f/4 L IS II USM + 1.4x, f/5.6, 1/200, ISO 320, manual mode, tripod, early morning.

-EAD