Hi All,

This might be a silly question but I had to ask to get it out of my head. I have been shooting birds for almost 3-4 months. I tried to use Nikon 200-500 lens and Sigma 150-600mm lens etc on my Nikon D7100 Body. Nikon lens copy had some issue with lens and hence move to Sigma Sport lens.

Using my current setup Nikon D7100 + Sigma 150-600mm lens I do get some good shots, but when I shooting low light or when I am shooting Song birds I often get soft images. I am not happy with this as I love to see my images tack sharp ( Birds with Feathers ). The way I look is that any bird's Image which does not have feather details is considered to be soft with some exceptions for birds like Egrets etc.

So am I being nit picky about the image sharpness and the lens etc, is this how bird photography should be like some shots will not be that sharp ? I know that I am no where near any professional photographer but I do like all my images to be really sharp and would do anything for the same.

That being said I do get disappointed with some of my shots not being really sharp/ all with lots of grain etc. I want to take my photography to next level for that I do feel I need to solve this issue.

Any advise or suggestion is greatly appreciated.