I was using PS CS6, until I recently found out that the copy I bought through my employer only had a one year licence when it stopped working. I had to switch back to CS5. I found that I miss several of the newer features, especially those in the newer version of ACR, which really makes me want to upgrade again.

I do not want to enter Adobe's subscription model, because it is financially not very attractive to me and I find that I hardly use any of the advanced features of PS. I do the majority of the processing in ACR, and mostly use only the basic features in PS such as cloning, sharpening, S/H, etc. for finetuning the RAW conversion. I don't even use layers. My only option thus seems to be to buy the non-subscription version of LR. It seems to me that it contains all the features I need. I'm also looking forward to the archiving and organizing capabilities. I now organize everything in Windows using the tags and choosing smart names, but my collection is growing so large that the organisation needs to become a bit more sophisticated.

So my question is: Are there any reasons why I should or should not switch to LR?
Your advice is greatly appreciated.