Thread: Wildebeest struggle at waterhole in KTP

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wildebeest struggle at waterhole in KTP

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all and specially my little SA sister , you asked me if i could contribute to your forum .
    I was thinking yes i will try . Actually i do not know what is expected here really , so i start with a great experience i had with the WB and Andre /Gabriela during our gorgeous trip to the Kalahari . This whole happened after a very quiet morning with long driving and not really getting great stuff to shoot if i remember correctly .
    So we arrived at our home waterhole around very late morning/noon , not much was there , but instead of going to camp for proper breakfast /lunch we decided to stay at Polentswa WH to see what will come for us .
    In the distance , after a while some WB approached from different directions to go for drink at the waterhole , but they have been very skittish , as they usually are . But this time even more , because of the strong winds that were blowing and the bull dust that was all over the place from time to time . With visibility dropping down to 5 m (from my POV) in some
    places.It took them really a long to come to drink , first only single ones , the one who should be the bravest who was first at the WH . But there was a kind of nervous feeling in the air while i watched them , well amongst the WB ......... not talking about me or us.
    With hindsight i have to say, clever as i am LOL , sorry Gab and Andre , i have chosen better position to get shots . They said so too after reviewing the morning later in camp .

So in the end there was a coming and going of WB at the WH , sometimes relaxed but mostly very nervous , sometimes even with serious fights as you have seen already posted by me and as you can see below .

Well i am not as good as Gab in story telling so i like you to make your way through this series , of my very exciting experience with WB almost jumping into my car !!!!

All frames taken with 1Dx ; ef 200- 400 at various mm , all manual exposure with changing settings

Hope you like it , even if the IQ is not as good as my normal posting( well could be ) because i did not invest that much time in PP .
    All kept simple this time .
    Most was done in DPP 4

C&C are more than welcome .

Cheers Andreas

The approach