Thread: Not too hot to seriously fight !!

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Not too hot to seriously fight !!

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all this is a special for MY South African girlie ......... Gabriela .
    She really wants to see this (or another one of this sequence ) fully processed , she just saw a pre version in SA during our trip .

So Gabriela this is just for you ( i hope i picked the right one , others will follow from time to time ) . All others are more than welcome to look at this image , so in the end it is just for all of you .

This has been one of these WOW moments during my recent trip , sitting at Polentswa WH and waiting for things to happen , after a not that successful morning drive we finally ended up at our "Home Waterhole " close to our camp. And we got lucky with plenty of WB hanging around the waterhole . It was windy and all the animals has been quite nervous because of the strong winds and all the dust that was moving all over the place from time to time.

These two start seriously fighting in the middle of a small group of WB , i got lucky that the group split up and gave me a clear view to these two . In the end they came too close to me , all was happening very fast from start to finish . I managed to get a couple of shots all have somehow cut off body parts , even if i was already at low range of the lens . But there was no time to change lenses . I hope i made the best out of it .

Canon EOS 1Dx
    Ef 200 - 400 IS L at 200 mm
    Window bracket and Gitzo fluid head

F 4 ; Iso 160 ; 1/ 1000 sec ; TV mode and Auto Iso . i should have gone for different settings , but ......... next time , maybe !

Processed with DPP 4 And PS CC ; cropped only from bottom and some tiny little gardening in FG , i can loose some of RHS but i really like the structure in all that dust , but would go (if this would not be mine ) for a tighter crop on RHS for better balance.

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting.

Cheers Andreas