Thread: Roseate Spoonbill

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Roseate Spoonbill

Attached Images Attached Images

Just returned from a trip to Florida with Doug Brown . We had an awesome time and got lots of great shots of many different species of birds. We met our friend Jim Neiger on his boat at Lake Blue Cypress and had a blast shooting hundreds of Osprey and many other species including some great shots of Barred owls. I highly suggest booking a trip with Jim on the lake as he knows the lake real well and the birds even better. It was a trip that I will never forget with literally hundreds of Osprey flying around starting their nesting season. A sight to see!! I will be posting some pics from the lake soon.
    The second part of the trip took us to Fort Desoto state park. This is a great spot for shorebirds, wadding birds and Terns.
    The most amazing thing about this area is that the birds are almost oblivious to your presence,with most birds walking literally within a few feet of us. Pretty cool!
    The one bird I really wanted to see on this trip was a Spoonbill but it didnt look hopeful as they were mostly at the rookeries off shore and a boat was not available.
    Then on our third morning this beauty flew in to the north lagoon and gave us a full frame walk by. I was elated to see this unique and beautiful bird right next to us.
    I want to thank Marina Scarr for helping us and pointing us in the right direction, I really appreciate it. We all had a great time shooting together.
    Dose the shimmer on the body bother you? I have a few without it but the head is down with the bill half in the water.

1DX---840mm---f7.1---ss1/4000---ISO640---FF---HH@8:35am

Thanks as always for looking and for your input. I appreciate it

David