Thread: Green House (Biltmore Estate, NC) HDR

Todd Levine

Default Green House (Biltmore Estate, NC) HDR

Attached Images Attached Images

This is the Green House at The Biltmore Estates in NC. It had great colors and I used Grunge in Photomatix. I like the hyper real look, what are your thoughts? I have just started toying with the program.

thanks for any comments,

todd

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Todd, although the grunge look isn't everyone's cup of tea I'm fond of it. I like the image but I think it could use a little clockwise rotation. Do you have more room in front so you could include the edge of the door? I love the colors and the perspective of a "peek" inside the building.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Hi Todd, I love the architectural features of the Biltmore and would love to run a workshop there! I have always liked the Photomatix grunge look. Sometimes with HDR programs they tend to "even out" the tonal range by bringing up the shadows but you have a nice balance here. Cheryl makes two very good suggestions regarding the straightening and a bit more room on the bottom. I have mixed feelings about the top. While I like the three details at the top- one is clipped and the right upper corner has a triangle that I try to avoid when composing. I think if the image were straighter you may have the room on top to include the complete third detail- if not I would take a small slice off the top to give a more finished look to the image.