Thread: Black Billed Cuckoo

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Black Billed Cuckoo

Attached Images Attached Images

The first and only time I've observed one of these beauties, I was able to capture a couple of images before the bird flew off.

This image was captured on my birthday. I was out shooting and nothing was moving. Upon heading back to the car, I noted what looked like a clump in the tree that didn't belong there and it wasn't until I was fairly close, that the birds eyes caught my attention.

Nikon D2X, 500 AFSII lens and TC14EII Converter. ISO 400, f7.1. Andover, Massachusetts.

Axel Hildebrandt

Lucky you, I'd love to see this species sometime. I like the pose and light. The busy BG doesn't bother me except for the little branch crossing the tail. The image appears a bit noisy and there is a sharpening halo, especially around the perch. I might also tone down the white plumage a little.

Alfred Forns

Great birthday present Jim !!!!

I love everything about it except the bg !!! That feather detail in great and love that eye Might try blurring the branches in the bg to softens Oh might move the bird a tad to the left !!! Congrats !!!

btw trying to update the profile with full names Could you send me a PM to see if is of with you Thanks !!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool bird and pose, Jim! The somewhat distracting bg and slightly hot whites have already been mentioned.
    Jim Neiger - Kissimmee, Florida

Get the Book: Flight Plan - How to Photograph Birds in Flight
    Please visit my website: www.flightschoolphotography.com 3 spots remaining for Alaska bald eagles workshop.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A well framed image in a nice natural setting. The BG doesnt really bother me :)

Nikolay Staykov - shotlandetsa

Very nice image :)

Jody Melanson

Gorgeous subject, Jim! I second what Alfred mentioned...

Judd Patterson

This is a rare species to get into the open. It appears a bit noisy and lacking some fine detail (perhaps a bit crop?), but it is still among the best I have ever seen for this species. Nice job!