Thread: Sky on fire

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Sky on fire

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon EOS 5D, Shooting Date/Time 12/6/2006 06:406, Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/6Sec. Av(Aperture Value) F8.0, Evaluative metering, Exposure Compensation 0, ISO 100, Lens EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, Focal Length 65.0 mm, Image size 4368 x 2912, Image Quality RAW, Flash Off, White Balance Auto, AF mode: AI focus AF, Picture Style: Standard. On tripod with cable release.

This one was imaged from the hill over looking the tower. It is the best view for stunning colors and water traffic sunrises. I sometimes have just watched the sunrise from this vantage point and missed my image because it was so breathtaking. I have many others with more varied hues I will post to showcase the lighthouse. I sort of like the almost centered look to this one.

Thanks for looking and any suggestions.

Roman Kurywczak

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Grady,
    Really liked the colors and strong lines on this one. Wasn't sure on crop so........I pulled this into PS to see if I would like more of a pano crop........posted the results below...........also hit it with Robert's local contrast enhancement USM..amount 40.........radius 40......thresh 0.........also adjusted the blacks to be a total silhouette.......maybe a little too over the top?????......but I like it.
    Roman

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

i dont think it is over the top at all, roman. i think that is strong and proper! beautiful scene, grady. where is this?

Robert Amoruso

Grady,

The chimneys are touching the horizon (I think I hit you with this comment on this view before :) ).

Other then that, I like the composition, colors and feel of the image.

Gus Cobos

Very nice composition Grady,
    Love those colors and the mood...:D