Thread: Canon U.S.A. today announced the new EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM and EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM lenses

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Canon U.S.A. today announced the new EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM and EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM lenses

Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced two new versions of its coveted Wide Angle Lenses and a new version of its popular 24-70mm Standard Zoom Lens for professionals and photo enthus

More...

BPN Viewer
    Thank You Posts

It seems strange that Canon did not add IS to the 24-70 II, even more so since they did add it to the 24 and 28 primes.
    Will be interesting to see it compared to the new Tamron and the 24-105L. Looks like IQ will be killer and for the price it
    should be.

I'm looking to upgrade my old 28-80L but this is probably out of my price range.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Zoern View Post
    It seems strange that Canon did not add IS to the 24-70 II
    Canon Rumors mentions 2 versions of this lens were seen out in the hands of testers, one with IS and one without. Rumor was adding the IS made it heavier than the testers liked so they dropped it. Just think what the price would be with IS? Probably $3K or more.