Thread: Northern Maine Sunrise

john crookes

Default Northern Maine Sunrise

This is a series of 8 images taken at B-Pond in Northern Maine on Columbas Day in 2006

Nikon D200 with 70-200mm @70mm f8 125th and ISO 640
    Last edited by john crookes; 01-04-2009 at 12:02 PM.

john crookes

Default converted image

Sorry my first image was not converted to srgb here is the converted image
    Last edited by john crookes; 01-04-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Robert Amoruso

Hi John and welcome.

I saw this one this morning and have been thinking about it. I like how my eye follows the tree line from the left into the image and to the mountains. What I was thinking about was if I felt the left side dark trees were too dominant in the image. Again, I like how it brings me into the image so I am undecided and interested in what others think here.

I would clone out the few small grasses in the water in the FG if that sort of thing is not an issue for you.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Along with the lines leading you, I like that you also have a gradient leading you from dark to light. I think the two together make the composition work, so I probably would leave the left side as is. If anything I would consider cropping out a little of the foreground, so that the bottom corner of the reflected trees on the left emerges from the bottom left corner of the frame.

Jason

Paul Marcellini

I was thinking the same crop as Jason. It will also eliminate the more muted tones in the foreground, which would bring the average brightness of the image up. Looks like it was a great night.

Paul

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I agree with Paul. Nicely done. What else can I say.

Brian Wong

Along with the gradient, I see the beautiful nice rhymes of the horizontal water ripples, with the the clouds.
    I like the feel of it.
    (But I can also see the stitches in the water ripples ... and water can be very hard to make seamless).