Thread: Loop Road Update

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Loop Road Update

One of my favorite places in Florida to shoot and also just to enjoy is Loop Road in the Big Cypress Swamp.
    Alligators are everywhere and sometimes there are great shots of birds working the shallow waters surrounded
    by Cypress trees.
    The road had gotten in really bad shape with holes big enough to swallow a Prius (no exaggeration.)
    The Park Service last year decided to shut it down, fix the road and fix all the ditches and put in new
    culverts that crossed the road. I went by last week and for the first time in a while even though
    there was a do not enter sign, there was a sign that said local traffic only. Stupid me I thought I was
    local and took off down the road. The work they have done is amazing, the road is in excellent shape
    with new concrete culverts throughout.
    However with about a mile to to, I got blue lighted and got a warning ticket for going past the sign.
    The Ranger told me they were almost done on the original project but the powers that be decided that
    there were a couple of other projects that could be completed before they opened it. He said a minimum
    of 6 months.
    Just wanted to pass this along, and pay attention to the sign... they will write you up.

GG

2. Thanks John Robuck thanked for this post
    BPN Viewer
    Thank You Posts

Asked on the Big Cypress Facebook page if the loop road was now open.

The reply yesterday said it was now open.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Marilyn, that is really good to know!