Thread: Dunlin

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Dunlin

Attached Images Attached Images

I found this Dunlin in Winter plumage mixed in with a flock of peeps in our cove this morning.

Canon 7D EF 400mm f/5.6

1/1250 F/7.1

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ken,

I like this picture, great moment. The rock near the feet does not bother me and anchors the foreground - let's see what others say. I might take some off the top and RHS (distracting stuff). Nice eye, bill and HA. Just like the feel, it makes me want to grab the camera and hit the road. Just curious, do you use center sensor to focus and what mode was this (e.g., AV, TV, M etc.). Like the color, feel and texture of the water too - real nice. Techs look solid, thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Jeff Cashdollar; 10-03-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ken, the bird looks really nice in this one - not so keen on the bg. The rock doesn't bother me either, I think that's ok. Some of the other elements in the bg are pretty distracting to the eye. Exposure, color rendition, pose, head angle - all excellent. Now to work on the backgrounds, which can be the hardest part!
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com